Principal Architect CSM
I am a Technologist who has delivered Enterprise solutions for fortune 50 companies like Comcast, Bank of America, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) and others.
As a practicing Certified Scrum Master (CSM), I am an Agile Evangelist that has designed an Agile Enterprise Process that helps a company to move a from a Waterfall development environment to an Agile Sprint-driven Scrum environment.
Primarily a Cross Cutting Concern Enterprise Architect, specializing in designing Object Oriented Programming based Best Practices Business solutions in .NET.
I use C# as primary development language but has experience in other languages and platforms as well.
I create Corporate Business solutions using custom Design Patterns for Web Services Protocols, RESTful Designs, MVC Web applications and Client-side technologies frameworks like jQuery, Angular, and Bootstrap frameworks.
I have delivered corporate standards for Best Practices and Code Standards along with Developers Daily Best Practices that supports a strong Return on Investment (ROI) for Fortune 50 Clients.
Currently Employed By:
500 E. Swedesford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
Best Practices and Principles
Enterprise Architecture for mapping Business processes to Technology Architecture
Cross Cutting Concerns using Aspect Oriented Programming
S.O.L.I.D. Design Principles Architect
Object Oriented C# Programmer
Best Practices Code Standards and Review Lead
Agile Scrum Team Lead
Corporate Trainer for Best Practices and Code Standards
Design, Develop, Deploy, and Support Microsoft Business Solutions
Aspect Programming using PostSharp IL Weaving and Unity Interceptions
Acceptance Test Driven (ATDD) Development
Behavior Driven Development using SpecFlow
Test Driven Developer (TDD) using Test First Development Practices
ASP.NET C# Web Applications Development: Business Case Solutions Architect
C# 2.0 / 3.5 / 4.0 ASP.NET | Legacy Code Refactoring using Design Patterns
Model / View/ Controller (MVC) – The Design Pattern and Microsoft MVC 2.0 / 3.0 / 4.0/ 5.0
WCF – Business Object Transport Layer between Domains for Business Layer
WebAPI – Restful Services as a SOA Interface Protocol
Relational Information Systems: Microsoft SQL
Data Modeling: SQL Relational Databases
Object Relational Mapping: Entity Framework 4.0 / Nhibernate 2 / 3
Agile / Scrum Development Environment
User Stories – Epics, Estimation by Points
Ubiquitous Language – Lexicon of Terms
User Stories Tasks – Capacity Management, Two Week Sprints
Sprint Iterations – User Stories and Tasks
Domain Driven Design – Test Driven Development, Proof Of Concepts
SPECIALTIES – Paradigms and Principles:
Separation of Concern Compliance through Design Patterns
C# .NET Centric Design Pattern Implementation Examples
Object Relational Mapping (ORM and Inversion of Control (IOC)
Data Abstraction Layers using Entity Framework
Dependency Injection using Unity, Structure Map and Ninject
Domain Entity development using Entity Framework
SOLID Design Principles
Refactoring to SRP and OCP compliance
Abstraction Interchangeability for Polymorphism Compliance – LSP
Interface Refactoring – ISP
Dependency Management through Abstractions – DIP
Unit and Integration Testing
Unit Testing: NUnit, MS Test, QUnit
Behavior Driven Development (BDD): M.Spec, SpecFlow, Pavlov
Environmental “Mocking” Tools to Emulate Dependencies for Validation and Performance
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
• Training – Webinars, Training Videos, POD Casts:
• SOLID Design Principles: SRP, OCP, LSP, ISP, DIP
• NHibernate 2.1.2 / 3.0
• WCF / Routing Services
• MVC 3.0 / 4.0
• Unity / CastleWinsor / Ninject: Dependency Injection
• Linq2Objects / Linq2SQL
• NUnit: Unit Testing
• Rally User Story Development
• Interface Technology Training, Phoenix AZ. Course 2349: Programming with Microsoft .Net Framework (Visual C# and VB .Net) – Enhanced C# development skills with a complete understanding of the inter-workings of the .Net Framework • Microsoft .NET C# Model-View-Controller Patterns and Practices:
• One of the original Microsoft Architects of the .Net implementation of the 1988 Model-View-Controller design pattern.
• Refined the Test-driven design environment with NUnit, C# Refactoring, and FXCop
• Strongly-typed Data and Business Layers using Controller managed Data Entities (Datasets)
• Completely User Interface independent from all Program Business Logic
• Microsoft MCSE Training at a San Francisco Training Facility – Completed 5 courses: Networking, Windows NT Server and Workstation, TCP/IP, and SMS
• US Navy Data Systems Schools (Associate Degree Equivalent) – Electronics and Mathematics College Data System support courses
APPLICATIONS AND SYSTEMS KNOWLEDGE
Microsoft .NET Development Platform: Visual Studio 2010 / NET 3.5 and .NET4.0, Visual Studio 202 / NET 4.0+
Code Management: Code Refactoring using ReSharper, Code Profiling using ANT Profiler, Environmental Emulation (Mocking): Rhino Mocks, MOQ, Source Control: Team Foundation Server, Subversion, Star Team, GIT,
Object Relational Mapping (ORM): Object Mapping and Management: NHibernate, Entity Framework, IOC: Unity, StructureMap, Ninject
Application Management: Class Dependency Mgmt. Inverse Of Control (IOC): Unity, NinJect, StructureMap, Unit Testing: NUnit, QUnit, and MS Tests, Behavior Driven Design (BDD): m.Spec with DevelopWithPassion and Pavlov for QUnit, Performance Logging: Log4Net
Application Documentation: Statement Of Work (SOW) Documents, Change Management Systems, Release Update Documents
Development Methodologies: Domain Driven Design, Agile, Scrum Sprint using Development Principles, Naming Conventions and Code Standards for Code Reviews Compiled Languages: C#, Visual Basic
API Development: InPhonex VOIP API, ByDesign MLM API Vye Collaboration API, Big String Destructive Email API, AWS
Database Tools: SQL Management and Business Intelligence Development Studio, TSQL, Stored Procedures, MS Excel OLAP Pivot Tools, Cognos OLAP Tools, ORM, Oracle InstantClient
Integrated Development IDE: Visual Studio 2012, 2010, and 2008
Web Designing Tools: Blend, Visio, and Photoshop
Primary Design Patterns: Model, View Controller (MVC), Request/Response, Strategy, Factory, Adapter, Repository, Façade, MVVM
Development Paradigm: Decoupled Solutions designed to abstractions for lower cost of ownership for the Client
PROJECT PROFILES AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
LiquidHub, Inc. May 2013 – Present
Trion – Marsh & McLennan Agency, King of Prussia, PA November 2013 – Present
A member of the Architecture team for the EOL 5 & EOL 6 solutions initiatives. Lead Solutions Architect for the EOL 5 refactoring and Proof of Concept project for 2014. Responsibilities include:
• Training Instructor for Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Developing Code Standards and Code Review processes for the EOL 5 refactoring and feature enhancement development team
• Technology Proof of Concepts
• Designing Aspect Oriented Cross Cutting Concerns using PostSharp as the IL Weaving framework
SEI – Oak, PA September 2013 – November 2013
Principal Architect and .NET C# Developer
• Created Exception and Error Handling Aspects for KYC
• Created Logging Aspect using Enterprise Library 6
• Refactored to S.O.L.I.D. and Best Practices
American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), Philadelphia, PA July 2013 – September 2013
Worked on the CMOS project as an Architect / Developer
• Refactored the information access structure for a 400 table data model
• Implemented an efficient ORM schema using StructureMap as an IOC container
• Improved performance and memory usage
• Created Unit and Integration tests to lower the cost of ownership of the Data layer for ABIM
LiquidHub – Internal Initiatives, Wayne, PA May 2013 – Present
Supported various in-house projects
• Designing Technology training programs for Architects and Senior Developers
• Implemented a Candidate Technology Assessment process for screening over 50 key skill sets
• New hire candidate assessment support
• Architecture support and Mobile Phone Development for Windows Phone for the MEDQOD project
Comcast Cable, West Chester, PA June 2012 – May 2013
The Principle Practices and Standards architect for nine Comcast Development silos.
• Lead Technologist for Deliverable Standards and Code Review.
• Evaluated numerous Development Scrum team Lead Developers as well as their team member’s deliverables – a structured Code Review process.
• Development compliance was evaluated using the Practices, Principles and Standards that is submitted for Comcast through numerous governance committees.
Visual Articles Inc. – DotNetVideos.net, Herndon, VA (Washington DC) Mar 2012 – Present
• On call for specialized services and architecture for Visual Articles and DotNetVideos.Net projects
HCA Inc., Nashville, TN (Corporate) Nov 2011 – Mar 2012
Contracted to support the Development Technology Group with Legacy Enterprise Technologies. Was assigned to upgrade the HCA Security Layers using an interface wrapper designated S3, Security 3.0. Tasks included updating the feature / functionality of MVC 3.0 Portable Areas as a Security interface to the Corporate Security model. The
• jQuery, jQuery-UI, jQuery Plugins, jQuery Templates
• AJAX – Auto-complete, JSON Data for MVC Controllers, Newton JSONSoft Serializes
• QUnit Unit Tests, Pavlov BDD Testing Wrapper
• Client Side Tools: Chrome Development Tools, Firebug, Fiddler
• MVC 3.0: MVCContrib Portable Areas using IOC containers
• NUnit: m.Spec BDD with DevelopWithPassion Mocking
• MSTest: MVC Testing, MOQ for Controller Testing, Rhino Mocks for Dependency emulation in NUnit
• Log4Net logging
• NHibernate 2x /3x with CastleWinsor
Visual Articles Inc. – DotNetVideos.net, Herndon, VA (Washington DC) Jun 2011 – Oct 2011
Contracted to create ASP.NET Training Videos in ASP.NET, C# 3.5 and C# 4.0 / 4.5.
• Responsible for all production elements, using Camtasia software, PowerPoint and VS2010 as video sources, for Entry, Mid-level, Senior and Architect level technology concepts.
• Was required to produce ten to twelve 2 – 5 minutes instructional videos per day. The target is to create a collection of over 350 library entries.
• Created the content, generate the graphics using Visio and Axailis Icon Workshop, and record the dialog in Home Recording Studio. This is an at-will contract and is performance based.
Intermark Group Birmingham, AL and Nashville, TN March 2011 – May 2011
Toyota National Marketing: BuyAToyota.com – Onsite Contract Nashville, TN
Enterprise Web Application for Twenty Two Marketing Regions in the United States
Architect for the Omniture Tagging Initiative
o Dynamic Marking Event-based Tagging System
Database Driven Tag and Property Management
Dynamic JSON in Model / View / Controller Design Pattern
• Web Controls used as Controller and View Management
o .ASPX as Web Control View
o .ASPX.CS as a Single Responsibility Controller in .NET 2.0
• Separate Model Assemble in .NET 3.5
o Business Layer
o Data Layer
o Data Abstraction Layer using Entity Framework in 3.5
o Repository Layer using SQL 2008
Added to a new team being created in Nashville to support new contracts promised by Toyota. I was engaged in the final stages of integration of my successful development and deployment of the architecture defined above when Toyota announce the cancellation of $6.5 million dollars in contracts due to the Japan earthquake. Projects were stopped, people were reassigned, and I was laid off two days later. The application if fully compliant with SOLID design principles, separation of concerns and uses these design patterns:
• Model View Controller (MVC) in a Hybrid .NET platform Environment.
• A Strategy Pattern for Separation of Concern of 28 Tagging Property Types.
• A Factory Pattern to dynamically manage all Tagging Properties from the Data Model using Reflection.
• A Null Object Pattern to Prevent Null Checking on every Call when Null is the Exception Not the Rule.
IDEA Solutions / MODIS Bank of America Balboa Insurance / Bank of America Feb 2011 – Mar 2011
Client Source Portal Development Customer Application
• ASP.NET using Dot Net Nuke 4.8 Content Management.
• Integrated and developed Portal for nine child applications.
• Created Complex ASCX controls using Telerix AJAX controls and C# 3,5 in ASP.NET.
Brought on late in the project to solve critical issues and the contract lasted six weeks
Magotteaux International Aug 210 – Sep 2010
Update Company Website Orders Management Application
• Dot Net Nuke
o Replaced their old 4.x version with the most current install of 5x.
o Migrated all of the user base.
o Replaced three DNN Module with updated C# DNN Modules.
• C# Development
o Created a feature rich Interface using Telerik RAD AJAX Q2 2010 Release DataGrid and Windows controls.
o Interfaced to the Baan Oracle ERP Backend and MS SQL Data Mart.
o Created relational Drill Down Window with Five Data Sets for Order Item Details.
VIP Connectz / ViPZE Hendersonville, TN 2007 – June 2010
Senior Lead Web Developer / Design Architect
• Working Code Developer
o API Integrations for VOIP Systems.
o API Integrations for MLM Management Software.
o API Integrations for DNN Web Presence.
o Environment: C#, and VB.NET, Visual Studio 2008, .NET 3.5 framework.
o Online Advertising Dynamic Display and User Management Tools.
• Development Project Manager
o Remote Offshore Development Teams.
o Domestic Development.
Glyders System, Lake Havasu City, AZ Feb 2005 – 2007
Contract Developer and Architect
ASP.NET Model/View/Controller C#
Web Business solution Architecture, Development, and Deployment of http://www.glyders.com. This Business solution is based on the technology model previously develop called CMIST. This technology updates to ASP.NET and C# offers state of the Art Web back-end management modules, integrated site intelligence, and trust equity-base design philosophies for maximum Web Visitor interactions. The Model/View/Controller design pattern uses the Microsoft User Interface Process (UIP) Application Block – Version 2.0. This design pattern, with NUnit Test-driven Development, allows the Data Layer, Business Rules Layer, and Information Data Set entities to be developed, re-factored, and tested independent of the User Interface of choice. This means that the same Core Business Solution can be deployed to the Web, a portable device, an XML Web Service, NT Service, Console Application, or Windows Application without regards for any Use Interface consideration. All Data calls and Data processing has no idea as to source or destination, they receive the proper source data and returns the same results without any regard for its ultimate use. This model is highly efficient in development and extensive over the life-cycle of the Application.
CompuNet Credit Services, Lake Havasu City, AZ Dec 2003 – Feb 2005
Technology Manager – Onsite Full Time
Implemented eighty-six (86) Enterprise Technology improvements including Microsoft Active Directory redesign, Exchange Email Deployment, New Firewall Technology, and VPN for Off-site development and SQL replication for acquisition. An estimated street value of over $3 million was realized in the November 2004 $18 million acquisition of CompuNet Credit Services by First Advantage Corporation. The Company rolled-up to another subsidiary, American Driving Records, and the Technology Manager position was subsequently eliminated.
DevTec, San Francisco, CA 1/1996 – 11/2004
Involved in a variety of consulting engagements including the following:
CMIST, Architect and Developer – San Francisco, CA
CMIST is DevTec’s premier Web Technology for Corporate information distribution and Web Browser display. A total of 4.1 Million dollars has been invested in the architecture and development of this unique Web Technology. CMIST is being used at three major case study Business locations and being reviewed by various government agencies.
Celtic Productions, developer San Francisco, CA
Designed and built a data-driven on-line Artist Showcase Website. This technology creates a dynamic music delivery system through mp3 streaming technology that prevents a Web Visitor from gaining access to the original material by using real-time data streams. The site also tracks all Visitors music selections and presents the information as real-time charts both for the entire site and for the logon Visitor. A multi-level subscription service was also deployed for e-commerce activity.
Fujitsu Shared Services, Architect and Developer San Francisco, CA
Architected and deployed a Human Resources Web Portal Technology that I currently own the Technology Rights. This solution enabled 42 subsidiary Fujitsu companies, including Amdahl, to reduce the Intranet Management Staff from 105 support people to just 1 daily Web Manager. This system has been running with 65,000 Users since June of 2000. We had 8 follow-up enhancement projects. This project required the migration from NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 including a custom developed Community for Manages based on Exchange 2000 and SharePoint Portal Server.
Ion Systems Web Portal, Architect and developer San Francisco, CA
Commissioned to create a State of the Art / Science Knowledge Management Content Portal Web Technology based on the successful deployment of DevTec proprietary Knowledge Management Technology, known as the CMIST Security Wrapper, to Ion. This solution enabled Ion to create 1000 s of personal web experiences for their Customers and Channel Partners. The dynamic XML-driven distributed computing solution is Enterprise scalable and load tested to 10 times the Customer required usage.
Intel eDiagnostics Initiative, Architect and Developer San Francisco, CA
Commissioned to develop, using CMIST as a base technology, a web-based, secure, diagnostic data stream solution for the Environmental Systems provided by Ion System to Intel, Colorado Springs. I architected, developed, and deployed a revolutionary technology that has been in production at the Intel Memory Plant since 7/2000. We have had 4 follow-up enhancement projects.
Ion Systems IT, Interim CIO- San Francisco, CA
Migrated their IT department from Novell / NT 4.0 to a worldwide Windows 2000 / Lotus Notes / Siebel system and find and hire a CIO replacement. We completely replaced desktop-type servers with a DELL Server standard and created data clustered environment with Disaster Recovery processes and procedures. We turned the IT system over to Ion in September of 2001.
Wisdom Pearl # 116 – The Modern Developer’s Mantra
I Practice My Developing Art First
… And Practice My Chosen Sciences Second